By now, you have probably heard about Posh Parties. But if you aren’t familiar yet, we’re covering everything you need to know about a Posh Party in this article. Plus, read about how you can start using Posh Parties to boost your discoverability in Poshmark and close more sales.
Parties are an incredible channel for driving sales and engagement within the Poshmark app. It allows sellers to participate in showcasing their items that meet the party’s themes and guidelines.
Each theme can be as specific as a particular designer or brand, to something as broad as men’s fashion. Generally, you can join any party and browse and share items as long as you make sure your items fit the theme. If you have bags to sell, then you can join and share them in a bag-themed party. Just go to your listing, and you’ll find a share button where you’ll have an option to share your listing to the current party. There are different themed parties scheduled throughout the day – be sure to know when parties are happening.
Hosts run Posh Parties. These are sellers who are in good standing and Poshmark Ambassadors. They also invite co-hosts to share their favorites from other Poshers.
Why would you want to join a Posh Party?
If you are intently looking for a place to sell your items from your closet, we recommend you try joining a Posh Party. Any Poshmark seller can join it. Upon joining, you will then be routed to a page where you can view the listings shared to the party – while also sharing your own listings. It’s similar to Instagram but more interactive and profitable.
What happens when you share your listing with the party? Buyers and sellers alike are more likely to come across your items and share them with their followers. This way, you’ll get more likes, which you can use to send Offers to Likers and close more sales with attractive discounts.
On the other hand, when you share other sellers’ listings from the party to your followers, those sellers often return the favor. If you want people to share your closet, you need to be sharing theirs too! The more you do this, the more shares you may get back.
Note that your listings will be shared and will only show up once to a party. It doesn’t matter if you click on a listing repeatedly. If another user shares your listing to the party after it’s already been shared, then the listing will be shared to their followers instead.
While you may not always close sales from sharing to a party on Poshmark, remember that the main goal is to increase exposure for your items. That is why it is essential to focus on sharing your best items that others may find interesting.
If you participate in more parties, you boost your chances of getting your items viewed and shared. More views and shares will bring more customers to your closet.
When do Posh Parties Happen?
Parties are virtual gatherings on the Poshmark platform. Every day, Poshmark holds parties of different themes for Poshers to participate in. Currently, the app is hosting four themed parties per day. Each theme varies depending on the type of item or style. For example, “Everything Kids Party” or “Best in Jeans Party”.
To participate in these parties, simply go to your closet, use the filter option, and curate it by category. You can share each listing that matches the theme to the party. Since most buyers are active during parties, your chances of selling your listings are higher.
Parties are scheduled every day at 9 AM, 12 PM, 4 PM, and 7 PM Pacific Time (add three hours for Eastern Time), with each party centered on themes listed below:
- 9 AM PT. “Brand Party” – This is where the community’s favorite brands are featured. These parties include brands from Louis Vuitton and Tory Burch to Nike, Kate Spade, and more.
- 12 PM PT. “Category Party” – Parties that are specifically around fashion categories like “Best in Handbags”, “Best in Jeans” and “Best in Suits.”
- 4 PM PT. “Department Party” – These are exclusively for more general departments such as Men’s, Kids, Plus Size, and Boutiques.
- 7 PM PT. “Style Party” – Typically focused on styles and trends, such as “Street Style”, “Athleisure Favorites” and “Trend Vibes”.
How to share listings to a Posh Party
You can share any of your themed listings to an ongoing party by following these steps:
- Go to your listing when the party starts
- Select Share, and you will see the current party as an option to share
- From the share window, click Share to Party, and it will be added to the party if your listing matches the party theme criteria
Posh Party eligibility: Are you allowed to attend?
How do you know if a listing is eligible for a Posh Party?
There is still no single way to tell if your listing is eligible for a Posh Party but by trying to share it. However, even when you try to share it, it is sometimes hard to tell when your listing ended up in the party. The app hasn’t made this easy to know.
But don’t worry, we’ll keep you posted once the app updates its party eligibility requirements!
How to never miss a Posh Party
Never miss out on a party! Prepare your calendars and write – or save! – these upcoming parties by visiting Poshmark's Parties page.
A classic tip is to grab your trusty alarm and set it every day to make it on time for a party. However, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of painfully waiting for the alarm to go off to share your listings, there’s a better option you might want to check out: SuperPosher. SuperPosher is software that automatically shares your listings for you, 24/7. When a party happens, it also automatically figures out if your listings are eligible and shares to the party. A perfectly convenient tool so you don’t miss out on the fun. You can sign up here.
Sell more on Poshmark, in half the time.
Reading to level up your business? Automatically share up to 4,000 times a day and send offers with the #1 Poshmark bot and sales tool.
Hosting a Posh Party
Poshmark invites Poshers to co-host parties who will operate as the party manager. Being a Posh Party host allows for major closet visibility; that is why they are carefully selected and must meet particular qualifications.
Here’s how to become a host:
- Be a Poshmark Ambassador – all co-host must be a Poshmark ambassador. You have to meet additional criteria to qualify, including engagement, rating, sales, and history of spreading Posh Love. There’s a Posh Ambassador program through the Poshmark app to apply under your Posh Stats page after you have completed all the criteria. Usually, anyone can become an ambassador within a few months of starting on the app, given that they’re active buyers and sellers.
- Be in good standing – as a status equivalent social media’ influencers with a highly-visible position, a Posher should know Poshmark’s rules and follow them.
- Be active on the platform – stay engaged with the community. Meet and follow Poshers. List items for sale. Browse, like, and share your favorite listings. You have to have shared at least 100 new Poshmark user listings, have shared at least 7500 listings from other sellers’ closets, and have shared more than 500 community listings in the past 30 days.
- Additionally: Have personality! – great covershots are highly encouraged. You can be creative by playing around with good lighting and an excellent surface to take your photos to the next level.
You can check your statistics for total shares and new Poshers shared by looking at your “My Posh Stats” page on the app.
Once you have become an ambassador, and have an account in good standing, check out the Party Host Application form to sign up to become a Poshmark Party host.
Note that it may take six months or more from when you fill the form out until you receive the invite from Poshmark to host a party. Once received, you have 72 hours from the email to accept the request to host the party.
How to host
Now we’ve come to the fun part where you get to take charge of the party as a host. Much like in a physical get-together, the host has the responsibilities of creating, planning, and organizing an engaging party for its attendees. Only this time, being a Posh Party host comes with a lucrative opportunity of generating item sales. Win-win.
Is it worth it to host?
We’ve come a long way, and you realize that it takes a lot to be a host, from qualifications to holding the party itself. You may ask yourself, what’s in it really for you? And is it all worth it? Here are some reasons why you should host a Posh Party:
- More exposure for your closet and items. As the designated party co-host. You get to get the perk of having your profile picture at the top of the party page. This will get you many new followers to your closet, and you’ll have more people sharing your items. And as you’re well aware, more exposure leads to an increase in sales.
- Gives you a better sense of community. At its core, Poshmark is all about being social. And these parties are geared towards building a community wherein members participate and interact with one another.
- You get to share your style. As the party host, you get to curate what listings go into a unique showcase called Host Picks. It’s an interactive and fun way to share your items and style.
What is a Host Pick? Does it help sales?
Posh Party hosts curate the listings of the party in what we call the Host Pick showroom. These listings may come from any closet that follows the app rules, and the host can share their listings from their closet. The host picks are highlighted in the party.
Each host is allowed to share up to 100 listings to the party -- there’s the Main showroom with thousands of listings, and there’s the Host Pick showroom where there are only a few hundred listings shared. It’s much easier to browse through the Host Pick showroom because there are fewer listings, and they are more likely to have good listing photos and be relevant to the actual theme. Your listing gets a whole lot more exposure. Thus more chances to make a sale.
If you’re not a host yet, you can reach out to the party host before the party and let them know you want your listing to be picked. You can ask for a host pick by visiting the host’s account and leaving a comment introducing yourself on their listing.
Is it worth it to attend a Posh Party?
It’s definitely worth the time participating in Posh Parties. With the party’s social function, every engagement counts as it helps gain attraction to a seller’s closet listings. And we have pretty much established that more eyes on your listings are equal to more sales opportunities.
Plus, it's a new way to get more views on your listings. And when buyers are on the party page, they're usually interested in what's going on rather than just browsing aimlessly.
Posh Parties are mainly to encourage more interaction within the app. Poshmark’s goal is to create more curated listings. However, buyers don't always shop from Posh Parties. Usually, they shop by first using the Poshmark search bar, which will take them to brand pages (such as the search results for Madewell or Free People).
Given the app’s high traffic with thousands of users, you can expect to have a lot of competition, and it may be challenging to get your item chosen for a host pick. You may want to try to pay more attention and check daily for posts regarding parties. Sometimes hosts will post in advance and offer you the chance to have your item selected. What’s a business without a little competition?
Posh Parties are certainly a good option if you’re looking to buy and sell items online that don't lack human interaction. Join in on the fun to discover things you’ll love and share any listings from your closet to increase your chances of making a sale. Happy Poshing!